Wednesday, July 01, 2015

walking the graveyard



Those years long gone
As a young teenager walking for short cut
I had to pass the graveyard to cross over the other side
Even in the day time I could feel the watching eyes

Every time I tried to walk up the slope
Both sides covered with trees and shrubs
It was that feeling pricking my neck
Thinking of the dead looking at the tombstones

Those years long gone
I didn't think of kidnapping or robbery
All I thought was the short cut to visit my aunty
Had my lunch and a cup of water

One day as I walked through
I saw an open grave with skeleton
I stopped for a while thinking hard
To move or to run away

I decided to run up the slope
:Puffing hard until I reached the other road
The next trip I skipped it altogether
No more short cut walking the graveyard


No comments: