Thursday, October 31, 2019

in my life 1


In my life
Living in the kampong
Learning how to share together
With other races
We didn't know our differences
We only knew we grew up
In the kampong

In my life
School was an escape
Learning the skills of 3R
Nothing beyond
A simple life in my mind

In my life
People talked about money
I was dreaming in my head
Floating away in no place
Cocoon in my own paradise
Reality bites when school was over
It was time to earn a living

In my life
I left the kampong
I went out to find work
Been to other states
Living with other races
Listening to their stories
Making my own memories

In my life
In later years
I heard of race and religion
The harping on supremacy of a race
These people have forgotten
There is no such thing
Everyone is equal in God's creation

No comments: