Thursday, June 04, 2020

don't plead innocence

"I have no knowledge

How the millions came

In my account I can use it freely

Do I have to return it?


I thought it came

From donation overseas

Into my account I could use

I didn't have to declare


The millions in my account

I didn't inquire I didn't want to know

I knew I could use the monies

The bank wouldn't ask me why


I didn't ask I didn't make noise

Even when public asked me

I told them story of donation

I didn't want to drag on the story


Now I am in court

Facing the very charge in my account

I thought it was a donation from overseas

I didn't report it I wanted the monies


I know it is wrong

I didn't work for it

I should have reported it

I should have shown transparency


Now I am in the dock

I try to wriggle myself free

Blame it on donation

Blame it “I don't know”


I know the law will find me guilty

There were cases the account holders gone to jail

They knew they didn't earn the monies

They didn't report it but used it for personal spending"


No comments: