Thursday, October 13, 2005

property 5

If you think buying a new house is so easy. Sit and think again. After you sign for your S & P, you will see the stress gearing up. Sales talk then execution is a nightmare. When you get a lousy developer your life saving maybe gone for good. Even a well known developer will not guarantee you the peace of mind you so desire. In fact buying a house is a life long journey of say 20-30 years of a person working life. So what's left after the payment paid in full? Old age and medical bills. That's the general idea of wanting to acquire a property.

I just got my second property yesterday. A double storey corner unit with a garden and a patio to sip my tea. I had paid in full. No owing to banks. Feeling good for myself. Now I have to think of renovation to the new house. So many plans but none is conclusive yet. Target to shift in by end of the year which is for the allowance of the renovation works. This is another stressful assignment But I am not complaining. In fact this is the only 'job' for me to do.

Basically I want the developer to rectify certain defects to the house which I had complained since June 05 and many visits and letters and yet the job is not done. You think the lawyer will help you? Think again. I paid my quit rent to the developer in November 2004 and the developer paid to the lawyer's firm..You know what? When I went to pay for the current quit rent the land office told me that I haven't paid for 2004. I had to pay for 2004 and 2005 including fine for late payment and interest charged for 2004 quit rent. I really got me mad again! How could a lawyer keep the money for so long? Now must write a letter of complaint and carbon copies to the relevant department.

Buy a house...think hard on it

No comments: