Tuesday, May 02, 2006

holidays

I was in Shah Alam for the 3 days until 1 May 2006. I stayed around section 104 Kota Kemuning. A quiet place facing the golf field. This type of neighbourhood one won't see the friendly neighbour type. It isnt the kampong way of life. It is to each to his/her own. Nowadays eating at the coffee shops/restaurants in Kota Kemuning is expensice. It is something like 100% jump compared to my present place. Some items jumped to 2-3 times. Because the people who stay in Shah Alam are well to do type....? With these stiff prices I can last for a whole day. Here for one person costs something like $9 whereas at my place cost around $3...comparing with similar items and drink. Anyway I dont return to my home state that regular so I dont try to hide my displeasure over the prices. Take it like I am on holiday. I went to see Pangsapuri Tasik and so happened I met a real estate agent who showed me an empty unit. She told me the owner would sell for $272,ooo/- I just nodded my head. In my mind I could buy a landed property in Kota Kemuning for a double storey house. So I just took her card and said thank you and I was off to drive away. Before that I was talking to the guard who told me some agents sold way beyond the actual price of the condos. I am thinking the property slum will hit the market soon. Now with the rising BLR, it isnt easy to sell houses/condos/apartments. The contraction will hit the market but the developers and banks arent selling the drawbacks. They advice to invest in properties...it is a good buy for investment. Stop. Listen to the whispers floating in the market and the world....it gives you a semblance of what will happen...

When I went home I went to the net to check the prices of the Pangsapuri Tasik(Lake Condos) in Kota Kemuning. The prices range from $198,000-210,000 per unit nothing of the high range of $272,000. Some real estate agents try to muscle in to make a quick buck. So it is good to check out with other agents or view website to feel the prices range for this location. I feel the price can go down say around $10k-15k for a unit. Bearing in mind this condos has maintenance fee. I dont ask then but I guess it can be around $120 per month because it is gated, security post and swimming pool. Anyway I haven't decided to buy. Right now I want to settle my two houses first then I decide.

Shopping in Subang Parade, Ikea and walked around The Curve and also k-four. Bought a few things - plants, ink and hangers. Actually spent many hours in Ikea had lunch there too.

Malaysia....be aggressive and dont get bullied by thy neighbours!

No comments: