Monday, October 02, 2006

mat rempit - forget lives








Mat Rempit.....a group of young adults daring to make a living. They go out to break the laws. They go out to break their lives. In between the winner gets a young woman as a prize. They should allow them to use the Sepang circuit. In it there are proper safety measures to reduce accidents and lives. Charge them a small fee say $10/- where the amount collected can be used to help the poor. I dont think the authority can beat them. Generations after them will come and add the fun. Like the cartoon I saw yesterday. A young child is imitating the Mat Rempit moves. When the excitement keeps piling up, the young adults will not run away. Money and women are the two most potent drugs to keep them coming back for more fun and adventure. Mind you these young adults aren't stupid or lack of education. When I was staying on an island, these Mat Rempit were active too. On Saturday night, these group of young cowboys would show off their skills in the wee morning of the night. During those weekends, many young women came to the island. Some of them became the prizes for the winners. I once saw the police rounded a group of illegal racers. I was in the middle of it. It so happened I drove right into it. The police condoned both entries yet a few of them drove to the padi fields or side roads into the bushes and disappeared. The police didnt give chase. I knew for a fact these Mat Rempit used drugs too. A friend of mine who knew the investigating officer sometimes brought sample for me to see. Once I saw a white colorless liquid which was used to sexually aroused the women. It is very effective. The women, according to my friend, would need to have sex. They would craze for it. At that time it was smuggled in from Thailand before it hit the streets in the city. I can't become Mat Rempit. I am out the league. My time then was hanging around the roundabout disturbing girls passing by especially female students. During those living in the kampung, it was the activty I engaged in. It was a phrase after which when I grew up life had changed. Places disappeared. Friends gone too. Even the whole kampung disappeared. Modern developments changed the landscape. I only remembered it in my dreams.

No comments: