Wednesday, April 16, 2008

is it necessary for a 2nd bridge?

borrowed www.flickr.com(aida rahman)
Ah Penang Island!
Once I stayed enjoyed my sojourn
For years I drove happily around
Then more vehicles came
Congestion becomes a daily affair

Ferry rides
I could take a short nap
Sometimes seeing the rolling ripples
Admiring cars sometimes pretty women

Now with the Penang Bridge
In the beginning it was a breeze
Driving on it

It is no more the breezy feeling
Traffic jams and bottlenecks
Penang Island loses her charm
The quiet life once I knew
It has gone for good

The 2nd bridge…….
Ah I can see
Traffic jams and cursing
The cost over-runs again
Nothing new with BN contracts
It is always cost more in the end

I agree on ferry points
Build more of these along the coasts
Tanjong Tokong, Bayan Lepas, George Town, Batu Ferrighi
In a way it will promote tourism and reduce traffic flow on the bridge
So there is no need to construct a 2nd bridge…………..
Avoiding displacing the fishermen and eco-system

In years to come
The petrol will jump
And the toll charges will increase
It will become too expensive driving on the bridge
The $4.3 billion cost runs should be used for others
Benefiting the people in the state

No comments: