Monday, April 19, 2010

a little effort makes changes


As a young boy growing up
Politics wasn't my cup of tea
Only rearing chickens and ducks
Sometimes looking at the well

Living in the village
Life was quiet and fun
No stress no outside influence
It was fresh air helpful neighbours

Time changed
Uprooted moved to town
For me it was a different perspective
Living it forgetting about politics

May 13 erupted
People talked about unfairness
Deaths fired by the soldiers
In Klang Valley sometimes heard gunshots

In the village of many races
The head village kept his cool
Every race maintained the peace
No incident amongst the race

Life was pretty the same
Curfew then lifted.....
Normalcy returned sunshine bloomed
The racial tension ebbed

It isn't the same any more
The uniformed personnel took side
It didn't come out in the papers
Rumours came villagers talked

In time NEP initiated
Telling the people
We will treat fairly
Every one in the country

In time it became for one race
Only that race enjoyed the benefits
Funding and leg up in businesses
Other races without political connections suffered

My late mother encouraged us
Joined MCA to protect our interests
At that time it sounded good value
Branch leaders became rich so quickly

Yet the most of us
Couldn't care about politics
We egged our lives
Struggling in our years

In years down the road
Moving from state to state
Politics hasn't made a sense to me
I wasn't keen to comment on it

When Anwar got jailed
For a charge really framed up
I was telling my staff
The malays umno guys
“He never did it
Though they said he did!”

It took years later
I was right though I had left the scene
At least I had the consolation to say
Umno tricks never admit its own mistakes

MCA, MIC and Gerakan
The lame ducks they become
I totally lapsed my membership
I couldn't swallow what they did

For their own pockets
Enriching themselves
For the people just slogans
It keeps repeating till today
1Malaysia. People first. Performance now!

The ruling Bend
The leaders dont tell the truth
Hiding behind collecting dues
The wealth of nation

Even in work
The race crops up
On the highest post
Reserved for it

Now the coalition partners
They don't make noise
For them they want the easy life
Though crumbs they get
They don't mind

So I was
I make a stand
On my own
For a change

The country doen't need crooks
Of all kind of shapes and sizes
The country must be for all
Calling themselves Malaysians

There is no reason
We can't change the government
Other countries keep changing
Through votes and choice

So let us make our efforts
Through the voting process
Change for a better country
For the future of our people

A little effort
Every one will make the change
To the future the generations to come
What we will do today

No comments: