Thursday, July 15, 2010

the spices of life 22

morning










One little birdie crocked
In the morning sun rays

Yesterday it was jumping
Corner to corner with flapping wings

I realized it couldn't fly
Hopping was the best it could do

I released it in the open
The little birdie couldn't fly

It just ran and hopped
Tweeting loudly by its parenting birds

So I put it back in the cage
Thinking a few more days to see

At night I looked on it
It was sleeping peacefully

In the morning sun rays
I saw one dead in the cage

The little birdie couldn't fly
It died somewhere in the early morning light

The last one standing
I let it go flying weakly into the trees

The spices of life
It changes every now and then

So don't take all for granted
It can be gone in the night

Finish what need to be done
Don't postpone it thinking tomorrow will come

When souls leave the body
Nobody will know what it will do

Every day finish what are important ones
For tomorrow is hard to sell......

No comments: