Monday, October 18, 2010

the village woodcutter 2

beauty-ghost-apparition-eerie.gif Tatyana's Ghost image by Norseman81

Tatyana's Ghost

The other night
When the wind was still
A youth posted a question
“Are there blood sucking ghosts?”

The question floated in for a while
The others couldn't laugh or smile
Knowing the night had many tricks
They wanted to hear what the woodcutter say

“The film makers will direct
The many stories about the evil kingdom
The human minds can conjure up plenty
Of the wayward lives we imagine

The story I was telling
It could be true or could be a passing trend
Just know this in our society
They are murderers, robbers or thieves

The dark side of our nature
We know it is always there
We don't show it unless we need to
When society piles on pressures

When mental capacity exceeds
The downward trajectory pursuits
We have seen people gone mad
We have seen people acted strangely

If we have cold blooded people
By right we should have cold blooded ghosts
Tell me why nobody go to the abandoned homes?
Because the nights telling shadows”

“Now let me narrate my story
Of the woman I met in the jungle
Years had gone I lived alone
The sunrise and sunset got no value

I was alone sitting on this chair
I couldn't know what to do
Years since the incident
My children died my wife disappeared

She turned into dust
The wind took her away
The floating particles in the air
Circulating finally all gone”

The soft wind taking a drive
Brushing the naked branches
Rustling the leaves singing its song
Every one looked behind.........

The echoes of the night
With dim light shadowing the trees
The crescent moon ran her course
Playing her tricks on human's fear

“I buried my children
On the village burial plot
Every night I said my prayers
For their souls living free

But you heard the cries
The eerie screams in the night
It bolted up many people
On the full moon they saw

The children turned into blood sucking ghosts
Running wild screaming in the night...........
The village elders came to offer prayers
It didn't stop the evil spirits

In those days unity was shared
The village youth came to help
They condoned off the area
Putting up fires surrounding the ghosts

I was there staring at them
They weren't my children any more
They belonged to the dark lord
The evil lurked in our souls....

The elders sat together
In the night full of sudden activities
On the ground they sat cross legged
Reciting the prayers ringing loudly in the night

The blood sucking ghosts held their own
Fighting for their own survival.............
They too squat cross legged closing eyes
The conjured up evil of many kinds”

A black cat jumped down from the roof
Meowing its way to the crowd
At this moment many stood up
Thinking of what cooked up in their minds


“The strong wind came
Lashing it hard within the condoned area
Every one looked surprise
The evil children smile

Pushing the elders away
Some got up couldn't fight the energy thrusts
They stood up ran behind trees
Reciting the religious verses earnestly

I saw what the evils were doing
They didn't like interference...
Eyes still close the mantra flowing
I sneaked away brought my long axe

With the noises amongst the crowd
With the battle of wits fought openly
I walked silently behind tree to tree
Reaching the evil ones quietly

I raised my long axe
I killed them once again
A quick swing of my axe
The heads fell the silence ruled

The bodies turning to ashes
Within moments of death
Every body came to see
Say a prayer for the souls

The elders came to me
They were evils in our souls
We mustn't allow it rear quietly
We must purify our minds and souls

Every one sat on the ground
Offering prayers asking for mercy
The village was singing holy verses
Ringing through the silent night”

The crying wind picking up the pieces
The youth park up and leave the compound
Along the way out they see a white apparition
They stare they can't make it sure

The wood cutter sees it
The evil of the night has returned
After decades of peaceful living
It makes its appearance



“Hey uncle you saw it?
I think someone wants to make a joke”
“Playing ghost in the dark night?
Don't play with the unnatural occult”

“I think he wants to scare people
He is a friend of mine living across the bridge
He heard about your narration of the dark life
So he thought he could add some colours”

“You better advice him to stop
Unless he wants to meet the real ghost
By then he may not live to tell
He may lose his mind and all”

The young guy left the compound
Whistling in the silent night
He took his bicycle rode it away
The woodcutter watched him “Damn silly!”

The woodcutter watchesd the dark tall coconut trees
Nothing was there to scare people away
Only the tall shadows flickering with the wind
Then he saw it again....the floating white aberration

He rubbed his eyes
The object was still hanging in the air
The breezy wind capturing its swaying clothe
Then he realized it was a white cloth

He sat on his rocking chair
Blowing his cigarette in the night air
Feeling satisfied of his story
Tomorrow he has to go to the woods

He saw the 2 black dogs
Strays from across the bridge
He threw cigarette butts at them
The dogs only barked and ran away

He retired into his house
When the last puff was taken
Straight away he fell asleep
Dreaming about his excursions

No comments: