Wednesday, January 09, 2013

the dust under the carpet



The dust under the carpet
For years it hides without a sound
Enjoying the darkness where it stays
Nobody knows the carpet is soft and bouncy

It's life flowing neat and cool
The heat of the sun rays make no difference
Everyday at the door nobody knows
The dirty stories trapped under the carpet

It feeds on the greedy and corrupted
In the society where money seems the way
The dark dealings and shadows play
The need of power no rules come to play

For decades it is carried out
The black dogs and the running cats
They chase for the rats of gold
Nobody knows in the carpet world

When favours run out of use
The broom comes to sweep the floor
The carpet is lifted up and the dust
It cries of the sun rays hitting it

The bristles broom sweeps it along
The dust and its stories carry away
In the dustbin the jumping marbles
The stories it has to tell

The carpet begins to tell
The story of the past comes alive
The decades of keeping quiet
It finally comes to share

The carpet at the door step
Once nobody cares to know
It is just a doormat waiting
Now it has stories to tell

The carpet of dust and ashes
Sweeping it under the darkness
When the light shines on it
The stories start to sing

I am the carpet at the door
I have stories to share with you
All the years of my services
Now you want to throw me away


I have a long way
Into this life you make me
The pieces of the tales I will spin
Don't you think I am telling the truth?

I am the carpet at the door
For years I sit and watch the play
I have accumulated enough stories
To tell the tales by pieces....

The shadows hide
The carpet dances on it sown
The corridor of darkness
There is no word to say

I am the carpet at the door
Listen I have stories to share
It is a long yarn into the night
It is about money and forgotten promises

I am the carpet at the door
You know my stories will be true
I see the people come and go
I know I will tell the truth”

The stories unleashed
Chapter by chapter in the internet
The newspapers and televisions
The cronies companies blanked it out

The lies it spins
The stories that clouded the sky
The flood water keep flowing
Every year it never fails to return

There are the tales
Of capital flight to numbers accounts
It involved into trillion
There is no sound from the corridor

There is a story
The last line has to go
A new carpet will come soon
A new chapter and a new page

No comments: