Wednesday, March 20, 2013

the part timer



The youth of our times
Some gone to the wild
Others tried to make a living
In whatever ways it could be done

Those were the times
When demands weren't so high
Fussy people but a few
Either ignored them or played along

During my younger days
I worked part time in a gambling den
Free food and some allowance
Tips from the workers...

One worker sitting beside the boss
He would scoop all the coins under the plank
The noises and cluttering in the den
Nobody paid much attention on the cashiers

My duty in the morning
To clear and clean up the den
In between I would find a few dollar coins
Enough to get a good meal and a show

I was lucky to just to hang around
In the gambling den lighting joss sticks and fruits
In between making Chinese tea...
Lucky me I hardly gone on my errands

One day a police party came
The whole area was busted for illegal gambling
Every one ran everywhere
The whole group was caught

A few months later
The boss paid the fines
In the magistrate court
That ended my part time job

My form teach came
Rokiah is her name
I was missing my class
Finally I went back to school

No comments: