Saturday, April 30, 2016

no good news


I sit and read
The newspaper in my hands
Eyes scanning the headlines
The way of daily life

The high of a high jumper
He makes the national jump record
He earns a ticket to Rio
A big smile for the nation

Then our squash queen fails
In her bid to defend her crown
A second time she lost on home soil
The world title out of her cabinet

In East Malaysia I read
They play the game of divide and rule
They are afraid of the mainland opposition
The government will ban them for good?

Is this democracy at work?
I guess it is the warlord game
Afraid to lose the power
But losing will make the change

And then the naughty child of !MDB
It makes all the wrong reasons
The billions seem diverted elsewhere
The statement of excuses

As I fold up the newspaper
The taxpayers will be taxed heavily again
Like the history told of the past empires
Too much taxes the people will revolt!


No comments: