Sunday, February 05, 2017

the city of neon lights

I once lived in the city
From my home not so far away
I immersed myself to her ways
In the morning till late in the dawn

I went to the nightclubs
I soaked myself in the night scenes
I knew a guy there I got to go in for free
I watched Rose Chan's performances

She challenged the men
No guy dared to take up the offer
She showed how good she was
The valley of the moans

The smokers of drugs
Friends of friends came to get high
In the house where we met
Nobody would complain

Life in the city
Everyone had a time
Nobody talked about religion
Nobody discussed about race

We were one happy group
I watched the night clubs shows
The naked artists doing the sexually moves
No police officers would intervene

Those were the years
Living the city of neon lights
Women were there to pay or pick
Know the way every woman would stay

Life in the city
It could be good or bad
As long as one held on to his principles
Nothing would shake his mind

No comments: