Saturday, March 31, 2018

up on the hill


Up on the hill
Away from the bustling crowd
The time of quiet moments
Soaked it up once I stayed

Once I thought I could hang around
For a while before I decided to move on
I fell in love with the environment
I glued myself for many years

There were excitement on weekends
Where the crowd of tourists would arrive
In groups or single they would come
The local guys and women could have a pick

The party in the wee hours
In the bungalow house or in open air
The cool weather would not make a sweat
The sound of insects would join in the crowd

The Tavern would be the focal point
It was here the pick up could be found
The crowd during those years ago
They would like to enjoy life to the full

The jungle walking made some sweat
Walking through the quiet sound of life
Only insects would make some noises
The jungle trek a pathway of silence and free

Then job changed
I had to wave goodbye
The memories still stayed with me
Though images of friends seem in history


No comments: