Wednesday, September 05, 2018

feeling alright


Feeling alright
Counting the days
Where life begins and ends
In between the career
And chasing girls
The years of Woodstock
Drugs, beers, flowers and songs

Living free on the side road
Never been to the main stream of things
Every piece an imagination of the mind
Feeling alright in every moment
Watching the go-getters get it done
The confidence moves in chasing girls
The swaggers of the time
But I am stuck with the Beatles, CCR and Lobo
Singing in my head for a while
Until new songs flow in the chart of my mind

Feeling alright
The years had gone by
Like the time of quick sand
I thought I could have a long haul
The time came and gone so quickly
Friends I knew back then
They have disappeared from my mind
Only a few names appear sometimes
Like Francis Yeoh always playing “Knock 3 times”
Ng Kok Piau playing on his acoustic guitar “Hey Jude”
Belting out the lyrics on the school assembly stage

Feeling alright
In the present day of life
Living out of my home town
The memories of the time
We never meet again since High School

No comments: