Saturday, March 16, 2019

the white mixed breed cat


The white mixed breed cat*
Walking slowly with lack of food
Sitting quietly in the Malay restaurant
Hoping to get fed to fill his stomach

For days he hasn’t eaten his proper meal
The malnutrition shows on his stomach
The cat stills showing his friendliness
Nudging the young men hoping to get fed

The cat has no such luck
He walks from table to table
There aren’t many people
He shows his pitiful face

He comes to my table
Sitting looking with his sad face
Maybe he smells of cats on me
Hoping I will feed him

I feed him with chicken
Piece by piece he takes it all
The hungry animals have no preferences
It is the need to survive

It is like choosing a government
The lesser of the evil we will make the choice
Hoping there will be no many mistakes in our lives
Choosing a government to take us high

Today I try to look for the cat
I can’t find him anywhere
Maybe he hides in the shade
Only walk about in the night

* a mix with a persian cat and a local cat

No comments: