Wednesday, March 29, 2006

democracy

I live in my own country. Yet the way the government, elected by the people, behave arrogantly towards the people who had cast their votes for them to be in Parliament and selected members to be in the Cabinet. If I read the statements made by these ministers, I wonder what they are trying to hide. Why can't they say the right thing for once? PM said his corruption campaign was successful....Am I stupid? KTM awarded contracts to a company where his son has a stake. His son-in-law bought shares worth over $9million but no disclosure was made. Public wants to know how he gets funding to purchase his shares. As the PM of the country he should be more open and so are his family members when questions are asked. Nazri wanted to clam the questioning by Non-Muslims on Islam. The way I looked at it, it is the implementation that gone against the teaching of Islam...like the Islamic Family Law where the Muslim women became a step lower than the Muslim men where Islam says man and woman is made equal....It is because most of the law drafters are men? I dont see the full democracy at work. Look at Indonesia and Thailand. Democracy parades peacefully on the streets. I dont see it here anymore. Even in the universities elections, every participating student has to observe the laws governing the universities. It has stifle the growth of the students mental capacity. Democracy....I can only dream for every 5 years I cast my vote....then I surrender all my rights.....

Democracy is not working in 5 years; it should be lively every day of a person's life. It shouldnt hide in the cloak of any laws. It should be open and an avenue to discuss and listen to views of every level of society without favour or fear of any act of law.

A long cool night Malaysia.....I dont see stars only my own shadow looming in the light

No comments: