Monday, March 13, 2006

SPM why want A's?

The SPM result was released today. Anxious parents, uncles and aunties, brothers and sisters, cousins and friends queuing up to know what are the results....some telephones, smses or personal visits...Wah! You got so many A's! You must be very clever ah! What are you going to do? Those who fail where are they? Do we think about them? The caring society we claim ourselves to be one....We hardly talk about failures. It is this strength where failures made a success out of those we fail. I believe it. Failure is the pillar of one's success in life....The failure learns how to cope with life....the hard way. Well...success never comes on a silver platter unless your parents are filthy rich.....It was reported by the Education Minister that the passing rate was 91% for the whole country. In my days I couldn't hear students score so many A's in the subjects taken. Nowadays I hear it so often that I wondered the yesterday students weren't good in their studies....The way it is shown I really feel sorry for the parents and the students. Education is to acquire knowledge to fight in the living world.......why ask for so many A's? Without it I dont think one has failed yet I am afraid this is what the parents demanded from their children. My niece got 3A1s for English Language, Bahasa Melayu and Mathematics and the rest Bs. She cried for getting less A's in her result. Maybe she wanted to better than her sister who scored 6A1s. What are parents doing to their children? The living world is where the needs to survive counts not on the piece of paper showing what a person got. Damn! They dont enjoy education no more. Apparently parents are to be blamed for demanding straight A's...
I enjoy myself with the life I lead. In fact I study well in the rest room!

Goodnight Malaysia.......let the days be as good as it gets!

No comments: