Thursday, June 11, 2009

the memories of jungle treks

Pine Tree Trail, Fraser's Hill by Ismah Mansurah
Pine Tree Trail, Fraser's Hill by Ismah Mansurah
The memories of jungle treks
Up in Fraser's Hill years ago
Evening walk by the laid out pathways
Feeling the cool breeze
Living the solitude

Passing through
The treks leading out to the road
In between the green trees and bushes
Feeling the positive images
Of silence and its true meaning
The peaceful feeling engulfs the scenes

Sometimes walked through
The easy treks along the slope
Overlooking the golf course
Admiring the empty space
And the putting green holes

Of stories heard
Of an Indian man got carried down from the slope
When he took a bet saying where got ghost
Only in the morning when he woke up
He was sleeping on the putting green

At times walked into the deep trek
Once nearly got lost when I took the wrong turn
The feeling of lost nearly choked me then
I quickly retraced my step and came out to the playground
There was relief written on my face
I thought I could get lost in a place I thought I knew

Fraser's Hill a special place in my mind
It is where I stayed for several years
Listening the whirring wind and its rustling whisper
During nights of shadowy flow

No comments: