Monday, May 09, 2005

life in the city

Do I love city life? You are kidding! I had my share of my city life. Kuala Lumpur. I called it the city of dreams or the money making machine city. Here alot of things I could do but when I had nothing good on my way the city life could drown any person without a base. It could suck your life away with every opportunity. The life on the surface is materialistic. No money no talk seemed the trend in the city. Friends I find was here today gone tomorrow...Like see you guys!! After awhile I got bored with it. Living in the city I had my share of problems. Lucky for me I got away before I got caught in her trap. Of course I could still return and haunt the areas but the scene nowadays have changed. It has turned into attracting the very young and the eager ones to her fold - money is the main attraction and the business opportunities too. Yet at times I thought about her pulling effects on me. What it did while I was in the city. I had been to night clubs and disco until I didnt go home too. I slept in my office for good measure!! I saw how the women got their side income and why they wanted it badly. I even saw old women did the same for money And I even advised the old women that their times had passed them by...but money is sure one commodity no one wanted to pass it over. I talked to the mummy....and those women I had the opportunity to talk to. Their stories - live an easy life - worked like shit in the city and balik kampung jadi orang terbaik siapa nak tau? Some were sad stories...

Every year many crowd in the city. They bring with them hopes and desires - love, money and relationships. Drugs for quick fix and rich. Choked the city life. Leave the place in a mess of the human race and the environment. Everything one desires and a quick fix boils to money and corruption to get what one needs. Nothing is forever free. Even if it is free, there is a payback time when honor is called to help. Life in the city it can make your rich or you damn your soul to the ghost in every corner waiting for the lost souls.....Crying for help, lost their directions in life. the dreams shattered to pieces like pieces of fools floating in the sky...Begging for assistance in sorrows and loneliness. It is the state where I came bonded by the short distance with highways and linkage roads. It is so easy to disappear and everyone may not know where the birds fly to..Life in the city once she gets you deep you won't escape her clutches easily. You breed like her - fast and tempting life, throw the weak, brand it and put aside and go for the top with a ruthless mind to achieve the mantra of richness, the power and feeling of greatness.. the city makes you hit the rock too...


The city
In the State I was born
I got away before I turned
Yet the calling for my return
Her power then was limited
She didnt get so many souls
As the years had gone
She had got the mandate
She breathes fire in her eyes
In the city
Once awhile I go home
And let the clutches hold me still
The memories flooding my mind
Only for a minute or two
I am back to my own turf
And the city
she wants me home
Putting up fantastic structures
but without her soul
I still hear her melodious cry
tempting me with many
the dazzling display of colors
as I go home once awhile
Now I have become like a tourist in my own State. I go in for a visit then I go out again. I dont spend hours and I hardly staty over night. Maybe the pull of city life I dont want to think about In my mind the mantra of her cries linger in my mind. I see her all the time only waiting to engulf me into her bosom and this time I doubt I can run away....yet I am going for a visit...the city waits for her lost children...

No comments: