Thursday, January 15, 2009

the yellow mee

Go to fullsize image
indian fried mee penang
By Joits on Flickr

The yellow mee
The color doesn’t entice
It is only in the hands
Of an Indian man
Know his skill he makes his magic

On the wok of fire
Fried it with his special ingredients
It is always a secret combination
He will not tell you
The sauces he mixes

When I was staying in Penang
Along the Tanjung Bunga and Ferringhi Road
I knew of an Indian guy who dished out his best fried noodles
On the side road going into Boon Siew flat…….
I had my second order just to satisfy

At that time I didn’t find any one beating him
He always sold out in quick time…………….
The only problem with him then
He used to get drunk

When I left Penang years ago
I knew he was still selling there
In Tanjung Bunga area
Still got drunk a wasted talent
For the food business

No comments: