Monday, November 18, 2013

birthday at gem restaurant

The Gasing road
It doesn't look familiar to me
The one I remembered
Way back in my younger days

So here we were
Walking to the Gem Restaurant
An Indian lunch for a birthday boy
Peter likes the Indian food

The food silently different
Those I had tasted before
I liked the mutton soft and tender
Cooked until dried with sauce and spices

The birthday cake on the table
Candles lighted up and birthday's song
The captain played on the speakers
Everyone sang and clapping hands

His grand children sang along
With him smiling and ready to cut his cake
But there was a last minute reprieve
Everyone was full couldn't take a bite

So the cake went back to the box
In the home to make its appearance
The weather was a bit cloudy
The day went on smoothly























No comments: