Sunday, November 24, 2013

fishing along coast of klang river



Fishing along coast of Klang river
Those bygone years of an era
It never occurred to worry about crocodiles
Floating silently along the coastal river..

I remembered a Malay woman
She would sit under a tree to fish
Everyday while I cycled back home
Under the shade patiently waiting

Once I stopped by to ask
She said she could catch many
About crocodiles in the Klang river
It was just a story to tell

I went to a sawmill factory
Behind it was the Klang river
Though I didn't catch any fish
It was the fun holding the string

Listening to the vibration
The tension pulling in the water
It taught about patience
Waiting to catch the fishes

When news spread about crocodiles
No fishing along the river coast
Only watched at the Klang double decker bridge
On days when school was closed

No comments: