Tuesday, September 29, 2015

in time of assistance



A few days ago
2 Chinese college students
Stopped me to ask for help
To start their stalled car


It was at the Tesco car park
I couldn't help them to get going
I didn't have the start up cables
But tried to contact my usual mechanic


A Malay family stopped by
He knew what would happen
As earlier he saw the lights were on
While the college students went shopping


He drove around a while
Hopping to see the college students
He knew what had happened
He took out his start up cables


Within minutes the car came alive
It was a sign of relief for all of us
The college students drove away
The Malay man took his family home


On the ground I could see
We still live as one family
In time of troubles help will come
No colour no race no religion

No comments: