Thursday, September 17, 2015

those were the years



Those were the years
Trees plenty on the roads
I could feel the cool air
Brushing down my hair


I could walk
Sometime I cycle
I didn't feel the heat
I didn't feel the smog


Those years we talked
Playing chess under the tree shade
Those village years
Now the boyhood friends all gone


Watching the temple mediums
Celebrating birthdays of the gods
The drums and cymbals hit the sound
The beats of dancers round


In the village of many colours
Some stay to watch the cultures
Nobody talked about religions
The sound and noise it made


Everyone respect each other
The way of life in the village
The pak kua of unity
The differences but united as one


Those years had gone
I could only recall
The memories of those years
The gifts of my journey

No comments: