Wednesday, January 20, 2016

the table manners


The table manners
We were told when we were young
It reflects the upbringing of your parents
Teaching us the basic elements of social grace

When we grew up we forgot about it
We went on the opposite way
We thought it was cool to forget
We paid for our meals

We shouldn't talk when our mouths are full
We may choke ourselves or bite our tongues
The social grace we never feel the need to learn
We talk loudly like it is our rights

When I eat in cafes or restaurants
I like to watch the people around me
How they make the dining tables so dirty
And they don't see it!

The mantra is this
I pay for it
I do as I please”
There goes the table manners

Even parents do it
Showing the lack of respect on the dining tables
The children will look at it
Believing this is the way


No comments: