Monday, June 26, 2017

kaya puff at pau lo

Gone to Langkap a second time
The easy drive on last Saturday
I expected a heavy traffic on the trunk road
It was the eve of the Raya holidays

Surprisingly it was a free flow
As I head on to Langkap
There are 2 steep curves
At night it can pose a danger

On both sides of the road
The Malay homes were packed with cars
The reunion families had returned
The well to do have many

As I reached Langkap
I missed the turn to Chui Chak
I was busy looking at the Ramadan stalls
After the traffic light I would have to turn left

I went to purchase kaya puff and pau
At Pau Lo don't buy the economic rice
The hawker will charge you high
When she sees new faces

At Pau Lo I like the kaya puff
The kaya is rich the skin is crunchy
It reminded me I used to get it in Kampar
But the shop has changed its ingredients

I didn't play tourist
I got what I wanted and headed back
The traffic was free flow
I got home with my snacks

When you find a food is good
You will drive there to taste it
This is what I do
The kaya puff makes my day

No comments: