Friday, June 02, 2017

the male cat


The male cat
He never wants to go away
I used to chase him
But he will return

I look at him
He looks at me
Underneath the car
Eyes staring at me

I remember him
When he was a kitten
He would jump over the fence
With his fellow kittens making home

Now I decided to feed him
Since he keeps returning
He sleeps here the whole day
Only wakes up on feeding time

But he is a timid male cat
When other cats come along
He will run for his life
Away in a speed of light!

He will hide for hours
Until the field is clear
He will walk in like a king
Bathing in his sunlight glory

He always sleeps between flower pots
In the day without a care of his surrounding
But his ears seem to be working of any sound
He is afraid of other cats coming to him

His owner at one of the back lane houses
Once she came looking for her cat
She called the cat he ran away
Maybe feeling guilty snoozing here


No comments: