Tuesday, April 10, 2018

the animal heat



In the morning light
Across the house I see
5 male cats and a female cat
The animal heat has knocked by

The 4 male cats sit on the tarred road
Looking at the female cat near the gate
While the Persian cat walks around
As if leading the pack

The old couple doesn't chase them away
Normally the wife will take a broom
All the cats will run as fast as they could
But this morning she is busy in the house

I watch them for a while
The 5 male cats forget to take meals
The Persian cat too never returns
He has his interest and a game to play

Later all the cats disappear
I walk around the neighborhood
I don't see the cats anywhere
I only see another male cat makes his call

The heat of the sun
The cats may hide in shade or in bushes
I have my work to do
On a Tuesday morning light

No comments: