Saturday, April 07, 2018

the chicken


The chicken on the run
Release from its cage
It finds freedom
Flapping its wings
Announcing it to anybody
I am free of my chains!
I can fly over the fence
I can peep the outside”

Once without its protection
The cage he stays for quite a while
The chicken is open to attack
As it flies over the wall
He lands on the ground
A pack of dogs staring in its eyes
Ooi you must have guts
Coming out to play outside!”
The chicken gulps in despair
I don't know
Please let me go
I fly back to the wall”

The dogs woof it
You can't chicken man
You will make a nice roasted meal
We will make it easy for you
Let the sun make the first move”

The chicken flaps its wings
Rising high over the fence
I am sorry dogs
I am not your kind
I rather stay back in the cage
Stay quiet live a good life”

No comments: