Tuesday, August 08, 2006

we are a malaysian not a race







I feel regret that as we move forward to celebrate our 49 years of nationhood, I still find people talk about race. As if the race thing is so important that everything should be evolved around this race thing. We are a nation of many races. We can't speak of a race and talk of a nation as well. We are MALAYSIANS and I am proud to be one not on my race. We have politicians talked about "Ketuanana Melayu" which I think it brings false hope to the nation. We are told to earn respect we must work hard on it. It can't come by legislations or laws which will bring hardship to the country. We are told to get rid of the colonial mentality but we practise it freely. I feel ashame as we progress to nationhood. I always say I am a Malaysian. What race got to do with me? Yet I dont see the government or politician practises it. It is always on race. In the end it will be our own downfall without any aggression from outside forces. We make ourselves the easy target to divide. We will lose our identity and we will be shackled by our own greed to promote a race.

Malaysia....a nation of many races but we are Malaysians

No comments: