Friday, March 30, 2007

income tax








Income Tax Act, 1967.....it is the officer who would make the difference in the delivery system. Last year I went to check on my tax schedule and about over-payment for the years. The counter officer told me when I enquired about my excess payment that she would inform her superior to send me the account statement of my payment. It is a year I haven't seen my account statement. The DG of Tax Dept can say what she wants. As with the previous DGs, nothing will improve as long as the officers never go the extra mile to help their 'bosses'. To them the tax payers are the nuisance lot. The PAYE system is just an advancement payment every month to Income Tax Dept. Under the ITA rules no tax payer can claim interest accrue or use to off set other dues to the tax dept. This is so unfair to the tax payer who will be clobbered every time he/she visits the tax dept. Now with the order of the Chief Secretary to the government I wish there will be real improvement in the counter services. If those DGs can't do a proper job, sack these people. Why waste the tax payers' money for sloppy job?

No comments: