Thursday, April 26, 2007

13th installation of the king

The 13th King's installation today(26/4/07) Public holiday for banks and govt depts; maybe some commercial companies too. It was also reported that the King would change 80% of the palace officials. He will select his own staff for the next 5 years. I hope the King didnt terminate the 80% staff he replaced with his own selection. I hold the view that these palace officials are seconded from the other govt depts/agencies so that their station of life are not disrupted by the King changes of staff administration. I support the King time changes in official functions or meetings or events at night. In this set up he has viewed the people participating in these events. By the time the function is over it would be nearly 2 in the morning. I wish the present King will take a more direct role in his capacity as the ruler of the country and not play into the hands of the BN government. I believe he has some standing for certain issues in the country. I want to believe that.

No comments: