Thursday, April 14, 2011

the model 12

Model stood by the verandah
Looking at her aunt and her brother
The wind was blowing cool breezes
So she thought why she was feeling warm?

“I heard my father talked about you
The black witch of the family he said to us
You practiced the black art of greed and corruption
Though you were warned by your sister

My father said you never listened
You were too proud of your skills
So you sold your craft for the highest bidders
Only later you found you were duped

By then your deed was bad
The family couldn't tolerate your greed
Though my father heard of your bad luck
You learned lessons the hard way

The family thought you had changed
With the bitter experiences you gained
No aunt you got involved with politicians
You make them rich and powerful

Yet again you were denied your dues
You were cheated once again......
By this act of your black craft
Your mother and sister decided to ban you

Away in the deep forest
Until your mother and sister passed away
Now you are free as what my father said
Why need me when obviously you are free?”

“You don't understand
The catch I must get my family
They are the ones who will set me free
Else I will return to the forest

Maybe for good living my miserable days
You are the only one who could help me
Model I need you to help take the spell away
I want to make my amends with you”

“I have no idea what you want me to do
I have no training whatsoever in your quest
I only I can talk and influence people.....
Tell me I have something I don't know?”



“When you were born
You were given the gifts from us
Your mother and I gave it to you
Believing you will help us one day

Look at your palm
You will see a ring of fire
If you concentrate in your mind
You can see it really burns”

“That is your gift
You can burn away evil
You can burn away bad people
You can burn away charms

This is your gift from us
Now I need you to help me
Burn the evil away from my soul
I will not die but I will live”

Jargon pointed to her
“The radio got news
You must come to listen”
“You don't have to Model”

“The white rajah in hospital
He will die by the nightfall
I have made the pact for him
He can't escape his fate

Right now his body is sucking within
The implosion of death will be sorrowful and pain
I want him to suffer for what he did to me
Promises he didn't keep and me banished into hell”

“We talk again aunty
When the election is over
I hope we will meet again”
“I will be staying here”

“Oh you have the rights
It was part of your growing up home
I have no objection of you're staying here”
The black witch was grateful



The black witch
She knew her ways
The ways to light
She yearned for it

She had been living
Alone in the forest
Only the birds, insects and wild animals
These were her companions

She didn't regret it
Now she had her revenge
She would take what was promise
The white rajah had to go

“Jargon! I want you here!”
Broken Tooth and Jargon looked back
The black witch pointed at him
“Yes Jargon! You are the one!”

“Take me down the villages
I need to tell the folks there
Your sister had covered here
I will go to the others.......”

“Yes aunty as you say
I will go get the boat ready”
The black witch walked round the house
Her child home as she could remember

The radio tuning in
Broken Tooth was listening
“Many people gathered at the open field
They are singing for their deliverance”

The warlords gathered around
Hoping to win sympathy votes
They knew they couldn't
These people had spoken

“You creep you don't belong here!
It's time you pay for your corruption
It's time you pay for your greed
We will bring you down to your knees!”

So the crowd jeered and booed
The warlords quickly ran to their vehicles
They sped away knowing their fate sealed
There were no way to smell the power and wealth”



“Now the opposition leaders pushing in
Telling the people the change is now
Make no mistake about it
This is your time; time to make it works!”

Broken Tooth had heard enough
He switched off the radio and walked to the river bank
Model was there helping her brother
“Where are you going?”

“To the villages
Spread the news of change
I know you have your own
We work with the villagers”

“I heard over radio
Many people gathered on the open field
They wanted change for the State
No exact figure was given

You think your aunt may have something to do with it?
She was a black witch and she used to assist the ruling elites
Until she was banished into the deep forest.............”
“You heard too many gossips Broken Tooth”

“This is the last lap on our campaigns
The battle is fought in the hinterlands
The cities and suburbs are shooting for change”
“How do you know Model?”

“My aunt says I have the gift
It runs in the family don't you see it?
Broken Tooth you lived away for too long
The city can do many changes to you”

“It's a life out there
Like the olden days of head hunting
I am doing for money kick some asses too”
“I suggest you better come home”

Out of nowhere
The black witch appeared
“Now children sail the boat!”
Jargon looked at Model

“Just make her happy
She was in the forest for so long
We need her to help in the campaigns
The older villagers will swing to her”

No comments: