Tuesday, April 12, 2011

the model 9


The white rajah sat with his colleagues
In the throne room looking at his campaign charts
He wasn't please with what he had received
On the ground of the natives changing for new

“The initial reports weren't positive
We are in deep shit my friends.....
Maybe we haven't done enough to convince the natives
Only we can make them rich”

“Boss we have tried in our campaigns
In the towns, cities and villages
The opposition has a strangle of our forces
We seemed at a loss of what were happening”

The white rajah looked at his watch
“I have an appointment with the local leaders
I need some positive feedback when I am back
We can't be looking at these numbers!”

The white rajah barked at his displeasure
He knew he was going to lose big in this election
“Look I had given them so much to improve their lot
Yet this time I get all the negative responses”

“Boss we heard about a woman called Model
Maybe you have heard of her?”
“I have no idea what are you talking about?”
“She is the heavy weight in the campaigns!”

The white rajah raised his voice
“How could she be when I don't hear of her?!
Are you people gone nuts on me?”
“No Boss this is what we had collected”

“She is a local woman from the tribe
She could speak many languages and dialects
She came back to campaign for change
She is effective speaker in the hinterlands

She is well known model
Her face appeared in many magazine covers
Local and international she was exposed
The villagers flocked to take her hands

And she is an effective speaker
She can arouse the passion of her tribes
We think you know of her father
He saved your life but you forgot to repay him back”



“Oh she is the daughter of Anak Salang?”
“She is Boss now you know why we couldn't beat her
She has her campaign runners planning for the itineraries
All her close childhood friends in her village”

“So you guys better think of something
I am losing numbers in these campaigns
You have all the experiences in elections
She is just a novice in our eyes!”

“Now go and do some catch up
We can't be giving up with these numbers”
The other party leaders quickly got into action
They needed to win else where to find the wealth?

Now alone the white rajah
Smoking his pipe he stood at the open verandah
The wind was warm in this night
He looked at the stars teasing him in sight

He saw a black eagle
His hand got shaky holding his cigar
“No...it can't be her!”
He quickly closed the doors

He went to his bar
Poured himself a stiff brandy
He swallowed it quickly
Slowly he took his breath

When he turned around
There she was the black witch
She sat on the sofa facing him
“You thought I forgot all these decades!”

“What do you want witch?”
“I am coming to take your soul
You forgot your promise to me
And you committed so many sins

In which it makes my task easy
You have signed your own death warrant
I am here to collect it today or tomorrow
I want you to feel the sorrow and pain”

“I..I have your written promise!
You can't do that to me now!”
“You break your vow
So this is the way you would go!”


The early morning sun
The glorious light striking the curtains
The morning breezes kissing the plains
The walls and trees and animals

Only one man felt alone
The white rajah with his glass of brandy
He didn't sleep yesterday night
He was tormented by the black witch

“You will die within 24 hours
This much I can give you
Now that you are old
I have the power to make you pay”

The white rajah saw the black witch gone
In the dawn of light she flew away
“I will be back for your soul
I will not go far to wait for you”

He wanted to sleep
Yet he was afraid to do so
Believing when he closed his eyes
He would be gone in a wink of a time

He looked at his late wife photograph
On the wall he hung it up............
She was gone for a few years
She was his strength and comfort

He sat on the sofa
He cried thinking of the past
“What had gone wrong in his life?
Wife why you didn't tell me?”

The sun was hot now
The golden rays of light shone in the verandah
He knew he hadn't a choice in his life
He wrote a 2 page letters

By the time he finished
He would go down for his morning tea
He staggered for a while holding on the banister
He felt dizzy looking at the floor

Then he tumbled down
The servants heard a loud bang
They rushed to see their employer
Lying with broken legs and arms

No comments: