Wednesday, December 19, 2012

the handouts



The dark knight sat on his throne
The days of worrying had come again
He had given out cash to the people
What's more do they want from me?”

He was angry and worried
The underground elements played the game
The people were asking questions
He had no answer to reply

His advisors ran out of ideas
The publicity stunts causing the treasury
He might bankrupt his kingdom
The people were pushing for answers

My lord the demonstrations begin
The people have revolted against your rule
Do we send in the royal guards now?”
Let them hold their demonstrations”

My lord we shouldn't
These people will bring us down
We have to take our punitive measurements”
Let them do their thing”

The advisors hurriedly away
Is he nut or what?
We can't let the people revolt
We have to do something”

The lizard on the wall
You have your chances
You make the wrong choices
Now you better go...”

The court officials looked around
They found nobody within their circle
Now who is talking to us?”
Ah you don't know me?”

The officials looked around
They only saw a lizard on the wall
The time has come
There is no more excuse to run”




I am the lizard king
I mapped out what you did
It isn't a pretty sight
The darkness will swallow
The sins of your past and now
Which is why I am here
I carry the bad news
You can't escape change
The painting is on the wall
Don't you guys see it?
The patterns I make as I crawl
This is the life you made yourself!”

The officials saw the frames
The records of what they did
They couldn't say a word
They knew they were cooked

Now tell your dark knight
He shouldn't look mighty
His time has come
The seat must be gone!”

The officials scrambled away
Eyes felt the heat of their sins
They knew they couldn't escape
The lizard king dancing on the wall

Oh dark lord
We are doomed this day
We met the lizard king
He didn't like what we did!”

My cash handouts never work?
I thought the people enjoyed it”
No my lord the people don't
It's their monies my lord”






No comments: