Saturday, August 30, 2014

the port of call


The ship rows up
The muscled men row in tandem
The drumbeats hitting high
On the river rowing upwards

The captain surveys
The clustered trees and bushes
Crocodies swim in the river
Snakes silently crawling on the uneven land

Pull up oars
We anchor here”
The Lord Baron walks in
Why the ship not sailing?”

My Lord” the captain says
My men have to rest a while
This river is winding and tiresome
We need our rest before we begin”

You know how much I have lost?
Every time you make your stop?
The time is running out on me
Captain, you better start sailing!”

No my Lord
I am the Captain of my ship
I take no order from anyone
I am my own leader you know that”

The Lord Baron wants to shout
He controls himself and walks away
Counting in his head the losses
Of time and goods disappear

Then he turns around
So be it captain!
It is your ship
Just make sure you don't stop anymore”

Yes my lord
We will reach our port of call soon”
The sun shining down

The wind shouting in eerie sound

No comments: