Friday, November 17, 2017

a rope in the air

A rope around his neck
He hasn't pleaded his innocence
He thinks he will escape
The harsh punishment

He stands on a high stool
With his toes barely touching it
His hands behind his back
He looks ahead fear nothing

Maybe he says his short prayer
But God isn't listening
He is busy looking at a glow
The sound of devotees praying

The man looks around
Trying his best to stay calm
A black dog suddenly appears
He is afraid the dog will kick the stool

Outside the sky turns dark
The loud thunder hits the ground
The black dog jumps and runs
Accidentally hit the stool

No!” the man feels his weight
Dangling by the rope on the beam
He struggles to get free
It's only his soul manages to escape

The black dog looks up
Sorry man it wasn't me!
It was the thunder causing it
You better slap him when you are there”

The man struggles
The tea lady manages to save him
She puts back the stool
He sighs his relief





What happen to you?
You aren't going to kill yourself are you?”
The man tries to look down at you
Me? I live life lady!
You think you can cut me down?”
Oh I don't know
I am just a tea lady
I am not going to mess in your world”
No no you are good
There is a knife on kitchen table
You go there pick it up and cut me loose
It's that simple!”
The tea lady laughs
Me no offering help mister!
I don't want to get mix up in your world”
She walks to the door
The man shouts back at her
Please don't go!
I give you a million
Just cut me loose!”
The tea lady turns around
I can't take your money
It will make me worst than you
I rather be a tea lady
Not like you hanging there
Money you have
But you can't get yourself free!
I am going out from here”
No! Please don't go!
I know I am wrong
I am the great pretender
Now look at me!
Hanging by a rope
One mistake all it takes
My life will be gone!”

The door closes
He is alone with his fear

No comments: