Wednesday, November 08, 2017

the great pretender 2


The persian cat climbs up to the top
On the fence he waits to jump outside
There he stands looking and measuring
Still he dares not jump down

On the pillar he waits
When he sees me opening the door
He begins to meow at me
I stand there watching his antics

He meows again
A kind of distress sound
I bring him down to the porch
He lies down feeling good

When the dark sky looms
He tries again to jump out
Apparently he finds his way
He isn't in the compound

He has gone awol again
I walk in the cool night
Searching for the persian cat
I walk to the open field

The single storey houses on the road
I stand by the road side by chance I see him
Running out from one of the single storey houses
Running to a unkempt shade acts as a garage

I shine on his face
He only stares at me
There is no recognition
There is no meowing

I walk a little further
In the unkempt shade the cat moves in
I walk to the other side of the field
I shine my torch light on him



I say it to him
You are just a hopeless cat
You can stay here as you like
You better don't come home

If you do there will be a cane waiting
You don't learn your lesson
You break every rule in place
Give you a home you run away”

So I walk home
Feeling rather disappointed
The persian cat behaves like a stray
Enjoying the dirty places

Maybe it reminds him of his previous owner
He owns a workshop with dirty floor
Damaged cars are parked near the road
The smell of oil and human sweat

Maybe the cat likes it that way
An unkempt place to suit his taste
When the owner shifts away
The cat was left behind to feed himself

When I reach home
He reaches back within seconds
Maybe he understand what I say
By the fence he meows to me

I watch him slowly get up to the top
Finally he makes it and jumps down
Touching the ground he lies on the porch
Meow” he says wagging his tail

I call him the great pretender
When he gets his way he will go away
Maybe one day somebody will sell him
Or the dogs will corner the persian cat


No comments: