Friday, May 25, 2018

the missing cat


The Persian cat goes missing
The days he never makes his return
The last two days he hardly shows his face
Even in the morning I don't see him

I walk around the neighborhood
Hoping to get a glimps of him
Sadly I don't find him around
Not even in his usual hiding places

The female cats he chases
The day of the heat season begins
Yet I don't see him chasing
He is totally gone from the scene

Even in the back lanes
I don't see the Persian cat
He has gone away
Maybe his fate

I told him so many times
Stay and don't go walking
He never listens
He goes to other homes

I guess he isn't coming
He has found a new place to stay
Slowly those cats I feed
They will not show their faces

Maybe it is the new regime
The cats go out to join
Leaving the old places behind
Capture the new horizon


No comments: