Thursday, September 13, 2007

MISUSE OF PUBLIC FUNDS

Misuse of public funds...............anything new? It is kept going because nobody paid for the misused of funds. It was an easy way down on the food chain. Every year the poor Auditor General has to report about it. I am sure he will fry his head thinking about it. The Cabinet doesnt take it seriously and let it rots. It is so simple here. It is the tax-payers money and so every year we will hear the same story repeat all over again. Here we have a Sports Minister saying it wasn't her time in the ministry so she didnt know. What she was doing when she took over the ministry? Werent there meetings to discuss about projects from the previous minister or what projects were left over? Even there werent any projects left over, as a new minister in the ministry, she would have requested for accounting records to look at it. It is from the accounting reports one would have grasped some knowledge about the running of the ministry in terms of awarding contracts, signing contracts and limiting authority of signing contracts. How could she pretend she doesnt know? So in my view it could be the same strategy by other ministers too. "I am so busy attending cabinet meetings and meeting people and meeting trade delegations I will not know what is happening in my ministry" I think it is about what I could think of.

No comments: