Friday, September 07, 2007

NS Najib has to do his homework

Najib said there were 14 deaths in NS programme so far. He gave so many reasons why the trainees died. He never addressed how not to let the trainees die......The way I look at it he didnt care how many died in NS programmes. He wanted this programme to continue I suppose to benefit his people. It involves something like $500 millions to run this programme. I think it is not so much about racial integration; it is about business ventures. Maybe I could be wrong in my view but I think Najib should rethink his strategy about NS. Even one death is too many already. How could a parent accept that his son/daughter die in NS? Najib should go back to the drawing board to find a better solution of how to make racial integration works. In fact I think there are currently so many clubs in the school where he can pick one to instill the needs of racial integration and discipline. There are Boys Brigade, Scouting, Police cadet, etc Give the schools the funds for these programmes then nobody can condemn NS. Let NS be part of the school activities. Start then from form 4 to form 5 by then enough integration and discipline will be achieved when they finally leave schools. Currently I can't comment on the camps but base on reports I believe Najib has to relook the camps. My nephew and niece attended the camps last year.

No comments: