Thursday, September 06, 2007

SOME PEOPLE JUST CAN'T HAVE MAIDS

Some people just can't have maids. These people have no personal touch to their maids. They treat the maids as animals. Some of these people want to show off them that they can afford maids to do errands for them. If they can afford, who is complaining? It is the ill treatment of the maids that make the headlines. Have these people forgot about helping another human being? Sometimes I sit down and wonder why maids murdered their employers or ill treat the children under their care.....or they poison the food and drinks of the employers. I wonder too why employers too mistreat their maids - hit them, wallup them, caned them, sometimes raped them. The maids have to get up early in the morning doing the chores until late at night and no rest day for them though the law provides an employer must give a day off for the maid(s) And there are employers who call the maids stupid here stupid there. The maids come from remote villages and they may not know the new gadgets in the house. They need time and effort to master the gadgets. Moreover, the maids arent educated to understand English Language on the product instructions.....so the employers branded them stupid. How do you feel about it when people call you stupid? I always tell people that it takes a stupid person to call another person stupid! I had few hundreds people working for me but I treated them as friends......because I view that without them I couldnt do my job. They were the people who really made the difference in the work place so a leader must treat them with respect. I too had heard stories about employers mistreating their maids. I had this couple who are teachers and very religious but mistreat the maid. Woke up morning clean and wash the cars, when they came back from school washed the cars, when they came back from dinner or socializing washed the cars where it could be late at night. The couple just couldn't care less about treating another human being. I dont know what they learned in religion showing so pious in their ways but heart full of lies I suppose. The maid was suppose to take care of his eldest brother's house in Shah Alam but the house at that time wasnt completed so the maid stayed there for a few months. Now the house was completed, the maid moved back to take care of the house. She stays there alone by herself because her employer stays in Hong Kong. I know she is a trustworthy maid.....It is no harm to treat maids with respect. Share the same table while eating be it lunch or dinner or tea time. Let her feel wanted in the family. Show kindness, respect for another human being and be humble which is hard to do for many people..

No comments: