Wednesday, April 15, 2009

3 little skinless birdies

hungry_humming_bird_babies by IngSiang (Vagabond)
hungry_humming_bird_babies by IngSiang (Vagabond)

The female humming bird
Protecting its charges as they hatched
3 little birdies skinless in the nest
The breeder watched protecting her species

As I came nearer to look at it
After 15 days the little birds hatched
The female humming bird didn't want to fly
Staying put guarding her species
Blinded birdies skinless ones in the nest

She flew away once a while
Quickly she would return sat in her nest
As I watched the antics
I concluded it is familiar with all species
The mothers will shield and protect the helpless
The males can't be found
As if they aren't responsible for the birth

Even at night the female humming bird rests
Guarding her little skinless birdies in the nest
I went to get a peep again
The adult humming bird didn't fly away
Looking me straight in the eyes
Never afraid of prey protecting her birdies
This is what she would do
“I am staying put
Even if I try protecting it”

No comments: