Monday, December 09, 2013

the klang market

The Klang market
The wet and dry areas
In the morning there were the crowd
The women and some men came

Carrying rattan baskets
Some dressed well into it
The men would come as simple as they could
In the market sometimes hot and humid

The banana stalls in a row
Displaying the yellow bananas
Hanging up on the steel hooks
It liked inviting that was the plan

Behind the stalls one I visited
The banana seller used a banned substance
Those decades ago it was permitted
How many had eaten the bananas then?

Across the street there was ice making factory
The block of ice driving down the ramp
To the lorries parked near to it
The hard work the workers did

Those decades ago
I could remember the names of the fishes
The vegetables and type of bananas
Now I am back to learning ABC

The Klang market
I haven't been there since
It was just a spot in my memory

Of a place I used to hang around then

No comments: