Sunday, November 30, 2014

the old malays i knew


The old Malays I knew
Way back in my village years
They were the helpful lot
Sometimes I could get free food

The village of my life
The children played together
We didn't sing about race
We knew we stayed in the village

What have gone wrong now?
Amno old could string the races together
Living in those years sharing stories
After May 13 the life of the nation shattered

The race erosion walked in
With fear and division cropped up
Dividing the races through ineffective policies
In the long run we saw the cracks of unity

Amno baru leaders
They thought about their own race
They see others as threats to their survival
They paint the bad canvass for their kind to see

They forget we all Malaysians
Under the sun under the moon
On the ground we walk and die
We share the same destiny

Village of my time
Races lived in harmony
The children did mix around
We didn't see anything wrong then


No comments: