Tuesday, October 20, 2015

the island once I stayed


The island once I stayed
Many years I soaked in the sun
Listening to the waves crashing in
Reaching out with its watery claws

The marks on the white sandy beach
Soaked under the rays of the sun
The wind kept blowing at a slow pace
The natural hammering into the sights

The rocky slopes and black stones
Under the shadows of the lazy branches
Bending low like an aerobatic stances
Let the eyes see the natural landscaping

The island once I knew
The whirring wind in my mind
Though I left her long ago
The footprints still lingering on

The developments came
Changing the landscape
In the years I left the scene
The island bloomed

But my memories stay
Listening to the call of yesterday
Once I lived on an island
The years of sweet landscapes


No comments: