Thursday, September 16, 2010

the doubts 5

Shadows












The farmer stares at the night surrounding

Fear install into his mind of what he has seen

The dead has come alive he knows his score

He has to call his brother to make the curse away


He holds the binocular tightly with his fingers

Afraid he may lose it to the underworld...........

The woman just died a week old of lost of blood

In the orchard of banana trees in a full moon night


The village tales he heard when he was a boy

Listening to the elders narrating the tales of the undead

They will come alive in the night and full bloom in the moon light

He wipes his sweat from his forehead remembering the tales


"Dad are you alright?

You seem so far away in your thoughts"

"I am alright sweetie the place is hot

Naturally I will sweat with it"


The eldest daughter stares at him

In the air-conditioned room upstairs

There is no reason to feel hot...........

"I know Dad something is wrong"


The farmer turns to look at his daughter

"There are stories circulating in my mind

Of my younger years in the village back home

Of the village tales of the undead walking in the night"


"You mean you saw the undead here?

Come on Dad it is all the crab talking"

"I saw your mother running away in the moon night

With another woman who seems to be the protector"


"Take a look with the binocular

Stare right into the banana trees"

The daughter tries to peep through

She only sees the row and row of banana trees


"I don't see anything Dad

It is all shadows swaying by the wind

I think there is something wrong in your eyes

Maybe you should visit a doctor and get it sorted out"


"You don't believe in the undead

So you may not see it through the night

I tell you it is real I have seen it in the moon light

The tales I heard when I was a young kid......


No comments: