Friday, June 08, 2007

the hummers

The hummer has 3 small birdies now. Finally for the past few days I observed the small eggs hatched - each day one small birdie until there are 3 of them. Today I lifted 2 birdie to look at it. It is helpless as a new born baby. Frogs and cats will be the predators in the garden but I think the small birdie will live to fly away. In a month time the small hummers will fly. And it will live for 3 to 4 years. It is recorded in the America there is a hummer which lived for 12 years. This particular hummer is tagged.....this is how it is confirmed it lived for 12 years. There is another hummer here which I observed.....In the beginning the female hummer tries to build her nest on the palm leaves. Many days passed two palm leaves were stitched by cotton wool then I dont see it anymore. The female hummer just gave it up here....I think it goes somewhere to build her nest......I dont see it here. Oh her "boyfriend" still flies in to admire itself on the mirror. One of those events I pass my time..............

No comments: